Monday 4 April 2011

Should we have a hustings?

On Saturday morning a Lib Dem and 2 Independents were to be seen in the Community Hall Car Park as Long Ashton Village Market was in progress. It was very good natured and the candidates swapped literature so that we can see what we are all saying taht we will do. THere was quite a debate over the Alternative Vote which many people do not understand. I was gald that I had spent some time making sure that I did so that I could explain the system being put forward in the referendum. Someone said that there is a mathematical possibility that in a five horse race the fourth horse could end up winning. It seems questionable but I can see that the maths may be quite complicated and require an unlikely set of voting possibilities to occur for this to happen in reality. The jury is still out and the debate will doubtless continue. There were a good number of residents prepared to debate the local politics and on a warm morning we all enjoyed seeing old friends and having a rolling debate.

Sadly I had to leave early for some riding teaching duties. The weekends are ever popular for children and ponies.

Sunday early evening after allowing a good space for Mothering Sunday lunches I was out on the trail. It is very difficult as many people wpuld like to enter into a lively debate but with aq population over 7,500 in the ward I shall have to get my skates on!

No comments:

Post a Comment