Wednesday 20 April 2011

Another brilliant sunny day. Great for visiting but not so good for the garden. I am quite glad as the weeds aren't growing so fast either and I don't feel so guilty being out and about delivering leaflets and speaking to people on the issues that concern them.

David (my husband) and I have spent the last hour clearing blocked drains so before I go out again I must have a shower. It is never dull here!

The issues that are coming up are the prospective Bristol City stadium and the effect on Long Ashton. We must ensure that any development does not have a detremental effect on the village with added roads, parked cars and traffic. The roads feeding such a development are potentially going through North Somerset so if this occurs then there should be concessions to North Somerset in general and Long Ashton in particular for this and they must be very carefully considered. Ribbon development along any new road should not be allowed or Bristol will creep closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment